Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Actual synth sound + Attack and Release

Attack and Release

The last module for my simple synthesizer was an attack and release envelope generator to be driven by the gate out port of the MIDI2VC and connected to the VCA. I saw some designs that I thought where to complicated for now, so I made up my own very simple circuit:
Simple attack and release envelope generator
It's based on a comparator that source or drain current to C1. Right now it's half working. On the release I get an oscillation that sounds like a low frequency humping. Possibly this is caused by the emitter follower on the output. I'll look into it soon. I may also increase C1 to get a longer envelope.

Actual synth sound

So, this is what the synth looks like right now:
Messy analogue synthesizer

And this is what it sounds like:


Now I want to build some better synthesizer modules :)

No comments:

Post a Comment